Being in a city up north that actually gets snow, I’ve learned a few things. Mind you, this was the 6th worse snowstorm in Washington D.C. ever, so it was pretty bad.
1. Snow is way fun with kids. Snowmen, sledding, snowballs =Fun times.
2.On the other hand, snowballs actually hurt, they are not fluffy balls of snow, they will give you welts and bruises and temporarily blind you when your 4 year old chucks one at your face.
3. Shoveling snow is for the birds. I’m used to not doing yard work between November and March.
4. Having shoveled snow off my car and around it and still not being able to drive it because the road is frozen and their is ice under my tires is lame and annoying.
5. Snow is really gross after a day and life has to happen again and cars drive around.
6. It makes daily mundane tasks way more difficult. It takes us forever to bundle up the offspring and walk down our treacherous driveway.
7. Snow is beautiful. It really does look like a Winter Wonderland.
8. Driving in these kind of conditions is not cool and the roads are terrible.
9. I stand completely amazed at the creativity of our creator. He knows every snowflake and designed all of them. Outstanding. Even the concept to have all the different types of weather and climates around the world is amazing. From snow to rain forests to deserts to beaches. I’m continually amazed.
Just a future word of wisdom to all prospective northern home dwellers. Don’t live in a house that has a 200 foot hill to get to it. The ice that forms is a beast. You will fall.
What are your snow adventures?