One of the coolest perks about being a location pastor @ National Community Church is we get a resource stipend every month for us to spend on ourselves to buy books and things like that to help us grow as leaders. Something that I deeply appreciate and plan on continuing whenever I have a church that is big enough to hire staff, so that I can afford them the same privilege that I have now.
So I thought just for fun, I would show you what I ordered for my November – December purchase. You might think I’m a theologically confused, but I love messing with people on every side, Calvinists, Arminians, Cessationists, Charasmatics, etc. In fact, I’ll admit it, not only do I like to mess with people on both sides, it actually invigorates me. Hope you don’t have a lower opinion of me now.
Figure me out, psychoanalyze me, I’d be interested for you to try and peg me from this list theologically.
1. A Multi-Site Church Road Trip – Geoff Surratt
2. What The Dog Saw:And Other Adventures – Malcolm Gladwell
3. Counterfeit Gods: The Empty Promises of Money, Sex, and Power, and the Only Hope that Matters – Tim Keller
4. Release The Power Of Jesus – Bill Johnson
5. A Million Miles In A Thousand Years: What I learned While Editing My Life – Donald Miller
6. How The Mighty Fall: And Why Some Companies Never Give In – Jim Collins
7. Emotionally Healthy Spirituality: Unleash the Power of Life in Christ – Pete Scazerro
8. Everything Is Spiritual DVD – Rob Bell
Let the games begin!